KDU Alumni Committee 2007/2008
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KDU Alumni Committee 2007/2008

Virtual Events and Activities Coordination/Meeting Portal.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

KDU Graduation Ceremony 2007 cum KDU Alumni Mass Recruitment

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
erwindo

KDU Graduation Ceremony 2007 cum KDU Alumni Mass Recruitment Empty
PostSubject: KDU Graduation Ceremony 2007 cum KDU Alumni Mass Recruitment   KDU Graduation Ceremony 2007 cum KDU Alumni Mass Recruitment Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 11:09 am

Dear All,

In reply to Wati’s email of super urgency and last minutes changes, I would like to arrange and coordinate the following.

Since it’s agreed that we shall communicate virtually, being a responsible and attentive adult, would appreciate your kind daily update to myself as well as the team. I have setup a forum that will prevent the unnecessary spamming on our private as well as company email. Please register yourself on this link (https://kdualumni.board-directory.net). Please provide a valid email and identifiable username.

At the same time, I have also enclosed the logistic for the event as well as the floor plan on where we need committee to station at (Check email). Please comment and provide feedback on the forum portal.

Happy posting.

Regards,
Erwindo
Back to top Go down
erwindo

PostSubject: Logistic Notes   KDU Graduation Ceremony 2007 cum KDU Alumni Mass Recruitment Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 11:41 am

KDU Alumni Mass Recruitment cum KDU Graduation Ceremony 2007
Logistic Notes:
1.There will be total of 3 Booths with 1 Main Booth followed by 2 Sub-Booths to cover the differences.
2.The Main Booth will be managed by 2 Coordinators and 2 Ushers/Runners. (1 Main Coordinator and 1 Main Usher to manage the coordinator’s team and usher’s team respectively).
3.Sub-Booth 1 will be managed by 1 Coordinator with 2 Ushers (Each Ushers covering the 3 Rooms respectively)
4.Sub-Booth 1 will be managed by 1 Coordinator with 1 Usher (Usher Covering 3 Rooms)
5.Additional 2 Ushers will be managing the people going up and down the staircases as well as the foyers.
6.Coordinator’s Duties:
•Check and verify Contacts and Validity of form filled.
•Arranging of forms into respective chapters.
•Safe-Keeping of all Forms submitted directly by prospective alumni as well as ushers.
•Giving out of gift in replacement of completed forms.
•Provide marking or indications on the form that gift have been given to prospective alumni, to avoid giving twice.
7.Usher’s Duties:
•Promoting KDU Alumni by educating, explaining, persuading, and attracting prospect with gift and Alumni activities happening.
•Distribution of KDU Alumni Forms and KDU Alumni Event Calendars flyer.
•Collection of forms. All collected forms will need to be passed to the coordinator on the respective booth for safe-keeping and arranging.
8.Main Coordinator’s Duties:
•Managing the coordinator on all booths.
•Compiling all the accumulated forms from all the rest of the sub-booths.
•Checking and Verify on the spreadsheet provided. (Database of graduated students).
9.Main Usher/Runner’s Duties:
•Managing all Ushers and Runners.
•Checking the rest of the sub-booth.
•Collecting the completed form to be sent to the Main-Booth.
•Assisting the other ushers in case the location is the hot location.

(Notes: All gifts will need to be coordinated to ensure equal distribution as well as to ensure the presentation of the gift is made exclusively for those who register themselves as members only. Misused of the gift will risk having no impact to the recruitment activities on using gift as membership attraction.)
Back to top Go down
ronald
Admin

PostSubject: Application Forms   KDU Graduation Ceremony 2007 cum KDU Alumni Mass Recruitment Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 11:57 am

Hey Guys,

Photocopying of the alumni application form shouldn't be a problem for me. How many to do first? In my hand, I have about 30 copies here with me.

However, according to Rekha, she said that there are some changes in the application form. Erwindo, if there are any changes, please pass me the soft copy so that I can get everything done up before the graduation.

Thanks Guys!
Back to top Go down
erwindo

PostSubject: KDU Alumni Registration Form   KDU Graduation Ceremony 2007 cum KDU Alumni Mass Recruitment Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 12:09 pm

Hi Ronald,

There should not be any changes to the registration form. What we might need to do is, since the back of the form is empty, we will need to print the slip which was requested by Wati at the back of the form.

With that, we will not have any missing slip with the form.

But, to confirm on the changes, can you please check with Paul.

Expected 350 graduan. We might need to print out 500. Just incase.

Thanks.

Regards,
Erwindo
Back to top Go down
erwindo

PostSubject: Tasks to be completed by the end of the week.   KDU Graduation Ceremony 2007 cum KDU Alumni Mass Recruitment Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 12:42 pm

The following are the tasks that will need to be completed before the end of the week:
•Compilation of all KDU Alumni Event as well as the date as discussed. – Ronald and Andrew.
•Design the presentable layout that will chart out the Alumni Events and Date listed in the form of a leaflet/flyer – Darren.
•Confirmation for all the list of gift that will be given in replacement of forms – Wait, Sarina and Rekha.
•Photocopies of the KDU Alumni registration form – Paul and Ronald.
•Get and compile the list of volunteers for Ushers and Coordinators – Jamie, Vivien, Chee Hooi and Sulo.
•Design for KDU Alumni Reusable Banner and get quotation from vendor – Darren to Design and Andrew to source for quotation.
•Draft out the reply slip similar to the following at to be printed at the back of the Registration Form. – Jamie, Jason and Paul.

Do let me know if we have anything left out on the tasks to be done by the end of the week.
Back to top Go down
ronald
Admin

PostSubject: Alumni Registration Form   KDU Graduation Ceremony 2007 cum KDU Alumni Mass Recruitment Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm

I've checked with Wati. She said that the Pre U School is no longer under SASS but under SEST.

Why that change? No idea as well...

If the change is at a minimum, I would suggest using the same application form as the one we filled in. If there is a lot of changes, then I think we should just move it to the new application form.
Back to top Go down
erwindo

PostSubject: Registration Form   KDU Graduation Ceremony 2007 cum KDU Alumni Mass Recruitment Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 4:15 pm

That is very minimal changes. Another other changes?

I suggest that we continue to use the same form. Just that we need to make sure to remind them to write which course they are in. I believe, that is already there rite?

Anyone have soft copy of the Registration form? If required I will do the changes.
Back to top Go down
ronald
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KDU Graduation Ceremony 2007 cum KDU Alumni Mass Recruitment   KDU Graduation Ceremony 2007 cum KDU Alumni Mass Recruitment Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 4:24 pm

Regarding the soft copy, I think Darren should have it. I will need to check with him when I can get him.
Back to top Go down
erwindo

PostSubject: Registration Form Updates   KDU Graduation Ceremony 2007 cum KDU Alumni Mass Recruitment Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 1:21 pm

Extracted from Email:

>>======================================
show details 11:18 am (58 minutes ago)

Ronald,

I believe you can get the numbers from the committee or Elizabeth. They
have the confirmed attendance per School.

BTW, I will be in the Robing Room for IMT and can probably sneak into
Engineering and Science as well. Can we please confirm that Pre-U is
officially under SEST? Cos then I need to cover that as well.

Regards,
Deehb
>>==========================================

Hi Ronald,

The color would be good idea. But, it would also a waste as we do not
know the ratio. So how many to print for each?

But, I am open for idea if you can print extra to cater for it. We do
not have any cost barrier do we?

Another things, can we actually replace the Pre-U to go to the correct
chapter? I believe that is the only changes rite? Other than that, the
layout good enough.

Regards,
Erwindo

>>=========================================
On 8/15/07, Ronald Lai Ming Kiun <mklai@kdu.edu.my> wrote:
>
> Sorry for spamming in here.

> But anyway, I was thinking of using different colored papers for the
> registration form for the different chapters so that we can easily identify
> the chapter members (e.g. SEST – Green, SASS – Red, SHTCA – Blue)? Colors
> are just to identify them + it kinda follows the color of the brochures from
> KDU. Heh
>
> Best regards,
> Ronald Lai
> Marketing Executive
> Local Marketing & Development
> KDU College PJ Campus
> =======================
> Tel: +60(3)772 88 123 ext. 635
> Fax: +60(3)7726 9941
> Mobile: +60(16)323 6623
> E-mail: mklai@kdu.edu.my
> Web: http://www.kdu.edu.my
> ======================
Back to top Go down
ronald
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KDU Graduation Ceremony 2007 cum KDU Alumni Mass Recruitment   KDU Graduation Ceremony 2007 cum KDU Alumni Mass Recruitment Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 6:49 pm

With regards to the emails being sent out, and notes placed here, I'll try to make some lives simple... hehehe....

Application Form:
- Slight Changes : Don't have to worry so much about the Pre U being shifted from SASS to SEST... reason being: Cause Pre U is leading more towards Diploma of Science, therefore, it has to be under SEST.

I would say that it won't make much of a sense to do any changes to it as of yet. However, the students can make a note in the application form that they are under PRE U - SEST.

- Color paper: I suggested using Color Paper to represent the different chapters. I have got these colors at my marketing side: Blue, Green & Orange. Name your chapters to be used for what color and I will get it done

Reply Slip:
- Gotten the confirmation from Wati and Erwindo that it should be okay for printing.
- Going to print from SSC's budget (after all Alumni is parked under SSC under the supervision of Ms. Anna)

Printing will be done once I can get a confirmation on the number from the Examination Dept on the amount of graduands per chapter before I go ahead with printing. Unless you want me to print in bulks, e.g. SASS = 400, SEST = 400, SHTCA = 400 (For future usage? Let me know)

When to give this to the students?
There are 2 dates at the moment that we can pass this to the students.
1. Briefing Day : 24th August 2007
2. Robing Day : 25th August 2007

I am thinking of "attacking" these students during their Briefing Day. Why? That's when they will be more attentive to what their lecturers are saying for the last time. Robing day is basically the worst day to get them to fill in anything cause there will definitely be a lot of late comers & arrangement of helpers to get them to fill in and return it back to the booth is basically impossible.

Furthermore, during the Briefing Day, we can pass these forms to the lecturers in charge of each dept to get their students to fill it up. Probably a brief note to the lecturer to tell them that joining the Alumni & participating in the Alumni will somehow give them benefits? Erwindo, what do you say about this?
Back to top Go down
ronald
Admin

PostSubject: Alumni Banner   KDU Graduation Ceremony 2007 cum KDU Alumni Mass Recruitment Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 1:35 pm

Hi Folks,

Alumni Banner is done up.

Just to let u guys know.
Back to top Go down
erwindo

PostSubject: Alumni Banner   KDU Graduation Ceremony 2007 cum KDU Alumni Mass Recruitment Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 9:28 am

Great Stuff. Will need help to set up the Banner on the main booth.

Who will be doing it?
Back to top Go down
ronald
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KDU Graduation Ceremony 2007 cum KDU Alumni Mass Recruitment   KDU Graduation Ceremony 2007 cum KDU Alumni Mass Recruitment Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 9:33 am

We will be setting up the booth later today around noon or something... Will probably get some help to do this.

I'm also getting student helpers to help distribute our application forms during the Briefing day to the student. I just hope I get the printed stuffs done up by today... The flyers should be ready by Friday. Getting it done half A4 (two pages on 1 A4 paper). How many do you want this to be done up?
Back to top Go down
erwindo

PostSubject: My Warmest Gratitude and Well Done - KDU Graduation Ceremony   KDU Graduation Ceremony 2007 cum KDU Alumni Mass Recruitment Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 11:41 am

Dear All,

Good day to you.

Would like to express my warmest gratitude and sincere thank to the
people who have made every effort in helping out KDU Alumni Mass
Recruitment on the KDU Graduation Ceremony.

With your busy schedule and barrier of being remotely located with one
another, each and everyone of you have made the event a success on
behalf of KDU Alumni.

We will need to wait for Ronald update on the outcome of the
recruitment. He will be compiling and getting the figure published.

I have to inform you that, Datuk Teo and all the other Executive
Committee are putting very high hope on the ability of this term
Alumni Committee. I am seeking your kind coorperation and support to
make the KDU Alumni for the term 2007/2008 an impactful one.

I am still awaiting for the first event promotiong and updates which
SHOULD be happening on the 9th September 2007. Which is Paintball. If
this event does not happen, it basically provide an indirect
reflection on the ability and integrity of our committee.

So guys, please shout for help if required.

Thanks again and thanks again for the wonderful involvement on the KDU
Graduation Ceremony.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Erwindo

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

date Aug 27, 2007 5:29 PM
subject RE: My Warmest Gratitude and Well Done
mailed-by kdu.edu.my

Hey all,

Who is doing the planning for Paint ball?

Anyway, I'm still receiving the application form till today. As of
today, this is the calculation:

Business: 16 applications
Mass Communication: 57 applications
Engineering: 31 applications
Information Tech: 29 applications
Pre U: 3 applications
Science: 2 applications
SHTCA: 3 applications

Total applied: 141 applications

Best regards,
Ronald Lai
Back to top Go down
ronald
Admin

PostSubject: Application up to date   KDU Graduation Ceremony 2007 cum KDU Alumni Mass Recruitment Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 1:05 pm

Hi All,

Application up to date:

Business: 16 applications + 2 applications
Mass Communication: 57 applications
Engineering: 31 applications
IMT: 29 + 2 applications
Law: 5 applications
SHTCA: 3 applications

Those in Red (newly received applications)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KDU Graduation Ceremony 2007 cum KDU Alumni Mass Recruitment   KDU Graduation Ceremony 2007 cum KDU Alumni Mass Recruitment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KDU Graduation Ceremony 2007 cum KDU Alumni Mass Recruitment
Page 1 of 1